Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Good-Bye Juana Diaz

President smartt,

This week was a really good week. It was a really spritual one as well. Being able to focus my thoughts, words, and actions all towards the Savior really helped me to gain a greater appreciation for Him. I was thinking about it, and I realiazed that we shouldn't only focus ourselves on Him during the Christmas time, we should do it all the time. I really felt His love and His spirit this week, and I want to feel that all the time. I am really going to try and focus more on my Savior at all times and really try to have His spirit with me at all times. Feeling the company of the spirit in my life is wonderful, and I can feel the difference with the Spirit isn't with me. My goal for 2014 is to have the spirit with me at all times, in all places, and in all things. 

I found out on Saturday night that I will be getting transferred to Arroyo tomorrow. When i heard about it, I was excited, but a little disapointed at the same time. Our investigator, Luis Sanchez, is one of the coolest guys that i have ever met. He has been progressing so well, and will be baptized in January. I would have loved to be here for his baptism and to see his continual progress, but at the same time, like I told him, I know that the Lord needs me in Arroyo. This is a exerpt from the Email i sent him today: "Muchas gracias Luiz, de verdad. yo estoy triste tambien, quiero seguir aqui en Juana diaz, pero yo se que yo he sido llamado por un profeta de dios para ser misionero, y que el senor necesita que vaya a Arroyo en esta momento. un himno que a mi me gusta mucho se llama a donde me mandes ire senor. estoy tan feliz que tuve la oportunidad de conocerle a usted y por el tiempo que tuvimos juntos. SE que esta es la iglesia verdadera y SE que cuando se bautice, se sentira el amor que nuestro padre celestial tiene por usted. Es un poco dificil abandonar mi familia para hacer esto, pero es mucho mas facil cuando conozco a gente como usted y a leslie." 

I was reading my patriarchal blessing on saturday morning and one of the lines really stood out to me. It says "place your trust in your heavenly father and be willing to serve in whatever capacity to which you are called." To be honest, in that moment I felt like I was going to be transferred. Before that, i really didnt have any thoughts about leaving Juana Diaz, I just felt like I was going to stay. But reading that, I really felt like it was time for me to accept what was coming my way. I found out that I will be in a new area, and my comp and i will be white washing. At first it may seem a little intimidating, but like it says in my blessing, it is time to put my trust i in the lord and to be willing to serve in the capacity that I have been called to. I really like how it says that I need to be "willing" to do so as well. In D&C 123:17 which says: "17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvationof God, and for his arm to be revealed." We must not only be obedient and do the things we are asked to do, grudgingly, like laman and lemuel, but we must do all things cheerfully and willingly. We are promised that we will have the utmost assurance that we will see the salvation of god.

I know that the church is true will all my heart. I know that the book of mormon is true. I know that joseph smith was and is a prophet of the Lord. I know the lord lives. Last night i felt the spirit one of the strongest times I ever have in my mission while I was testifying of the Savior. I know he loves me. I know he knows me. I know it. And i say all of this in His sacred name, amen.

Elder Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment