Wednesday, March 12, 2014

December 23, 2013

Hey! no time. I'll be on skype around one my time here. don't know the time difference.
 
Hope everyone has a merry chrsitmas!  Love you all!
 
President Smartt,

Merry Christmas! This last week has been a little long, but we made the best of it. We did a ton of service this week. Most of it was unexpected on the spot service too. We helped a recient convert paint his house, we helped a member clean her upstairs, and we helped the ward with the Christmas Party that was on Friday.

I have been trying to think a lot about what you have asked us to study for chrsitams this past week, actually. I have been trying to understand the love that the Savior has for us and in what ways i have tried to pay him back for that. I had thought to myslef, well I'm here on a mission, i try to be as obedient as I can be, I trying to be like him. I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning and found a verse that helped me to answer that question. Mosiah 2:21-24:
21 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.

22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.

23 And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.

24 And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?

I realized that we need to serve him with all our heart, might mind and strength, be obedient to him and his commandements, and to be humble. The last part of verse 24 says that we have nothing to boast about. My favorite scripture is Alma 26:12, saying that as to our strength, we are weak, but with His help, we are strong and can do all things. I'm grateful for the opportunity that i have to be his missionary, especially at this time of the year. Being away from my family makes me feel more love for them and has made me more grateful for the things that I enjoyed at home. I am grateful for my savior, and know that he lives.

Have a great Christmas Presdent, and see you on Thursday!

Elder Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment