Monday, April 8, 2013

March 28, 2012


Hola familia,
 
          Hoy voy a escribir mi carta en espanol..  just kidding. this week was really great, and by that i mean it was mostly terrible. But first, I hope you're having a great time in Kansas! Thats crazy to think about. I hope it all works out smoothly. For easter here it's just going to be a normal sunday. Sundays are definitely tha best day os the week here. Every other day is crazy busy and stressful and I have to teach 3 different investigators and I dont have time to prepare lessons for them,. Its insane. We watched The restoration, like the full hour and a half long movie one, and it was so awesome. If you guys havent seen it, you HAVE to watch it. Even if you have, watch it together as a family on some sunday afternoon. you're testimony of Joseph Smith in increase exponentially... So the latinos left this week, so that was kinda a bummer. Today a bunch of Haitians got here and they are ALL speaking french. blehh. They ask me questions in french and I want to vomit. So glad I dont have to speak that. Also, today like 20 american sisters got here. I havent met them yet, so i cant report on them quite yet. They arent completely unattractive though, that much I can say.   Earlier this week I was talking and mentioned that David O Mckay was my uncle and sister stirland said No way, mine too!   So now we just call each other Cuz. (short for cousin, mom...)   So you should look into that and see if you can figure anything out. She said she has gone to those family reunions in Huntsville, so we probably saw each other there that one time.. Let me know what you find out..  hmmm what else. Oh, when I said this week was terrible I was half kidding. It was just a tough week for me because I feel like i've hit a spanish wall. I feel like I have learned as much as I ever will, you know? I dont feel like I am progressing daily. Then on monday night I couldnt think of anytyhing to say, even in english. I was honestly dumbfounded from like 6 to 9 pm. Hermano Rubio kept asking me questions and I had zero words that  I could say. It was so weird. I wpuld just shrug my shoulders or shake my head or something like that. He understood what was going on and he demonstrated how to teach the next lesson I had to teach to Jose, our night time investigator. It was the sickest thing I had ever seen. Pure gold. He showed me how I need to teach lessons and showed me what I was doing wrong. It was amazing that he knew what was wrong with me because I didnt even know what was wrong with me.. I hope that story made sense. i feel like it probably didnt, but whatever hah. anyways, yesterday I taught the same way he did in our lesson and it was crazy. jose understood why he needed to be baptized by proper authority and why it was important for him to pray. Before i was just telling him he needed to, but after last night he understood WHY he needed to. After the lesson hermano rubio came up to me and moore and told us that he was really proud of us and that we did a good job. he told us it made him excited to see that we were able to learn and progress though our trials, whether it being bad at spanish or becoming a mute haha. 
            Anyways, im running out of time. We went to the store on monday and were able to go shopping. It was a pretty neat experience. Tomorrow we are going to the university to go contacting. That'll be interesting...   Also, tell greg that he is a punk and that he needs to write me! Tell him I got the trinity knot famous here in the dominican. I have taught like 10 people how to do it already. We all rock the trinity for days..  Oh and could you email me some pictures? Like that new one of our family holding the flag, me and some of my friends, stuff like that?  Oh, get them off of facebook. I need a picture of Kassi, Lacy, Garret, Emilee, and Crystal to show these guys here. Its cool to get to meet our frends. Get that one I had as my profile pic of me and kassi. We look good. Thanks! 
 
Estoy agradecido por mi oportunidad a servir una misión. yo sé que jesucristo es mi salvador y me ama mucho. Yo sé ques la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los últimos días es verdadera. Yo sé que josé smith fue un profeta de Dios y por medio él, jesucristo restauró su evangelio en la tierra. Yo sé que familias pueden ser eternas.  Les amo a ustedes mucho y espero que ustedes tengan una buena semana!  Con mucho amor, Elder Nielson.

No comments:

Post a Comment