Monday, July 1, 2013

June 23, 2013

Haha im glad you liked the poem. I thought it was pretty good if i do say so myself...

Well, this week was eventful, that's for sure.

First, yesterday Elder Fournier and I performed a special musical number in sacrament meeting. I made up a piano arrangement combining nearer my god to thee and be still my soul. Fournier sang and I played the piano and sang. The second verse we sang in spanish and all the return missionaries in our ward were crying hah. The spirit was strong. it was really cool. everyone was like "ah, that was so awesome! thanks!"  Skyler, the young mens president, came up to me and was like /' ah, this guy's a gangster on the piano. throwin down, so cal style"  he's basically sam stucki.. it was cool though.

So, i've never been afraid of cockroaches before, but i found out this week that i am because they FLY! AHHHHH. what the freak man. if they just crawl around thats cool with me, but when they fly at me i lose it. I was freaking out, straight up. elder fournier was making fun of me so bad because i turn into a straight up female. it's embarrassing, but yeah, it is what it is. our bathroom is always dark and moist, so its a breeding ground for them. they live behind the toilet. im always worried they're going to come up and go inside of me while im going to the bathroom. they come up the shower drain too hah. it's just gross all around. but it's missionary work!

  hmm what else. well I had an experience on saturday that was awesome. Im not going to explain it because it was super spiritual, but just know that i KNOW that the priesthood is real. It is the POWER of GOD on earth, and "the rights of the prietshood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven" D&C 121:36.  Miracles are real. They havent ceased. I witnessed the almighty mercy of the Lord. It's true. It's true. it's true.

On saturday also, we were teaching a lesson and got to the point where i was going to sharre the first vision, and i began, but realized that i only know it in Spanish! i could say it 1000 mph in spanish, but i dont know it in english. well, i put my trust in the lord and just opened my mouth. my mouth was filled with the words by the spirit. D&C 100:5-6. I said it perfectly. after the lesson, i couldnt do it again. it was so awesome. we have to act though. faith is action. before the lord could split the jordan river for the guys to cross with the ark of the covenant, they had to step in the river (joshua 3 i think). he only does his part AFTER we do our part. the witness comes after the trial of our faith. i know there are challenges in our life, but we just need to trust Him. it's hard sometimes, but it's what we have to do!

I'm glad that you watched that broadcast last night. i was going to tell you to watch it. it was really good. Make sure you guys are the family that was in the segment while "i'll go where you want me to go." there are missionaries throughout the world, but the members are what will make the work progress faster. Be examples in all times, and in all things, and in all places (our baptismal covenant, mosiah 18:9). Be the family in the ward that everyone looks up to and that the missionaries know will always be willing to help. I know you are that family and that you can help strengthen a lot of people for the better. 

GO LEBRON!!!

Elder Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment